“Manifestation” is a seriously trendy word in 2021. The popularity has been building for years, but it really took off in 2020 when alternative health and spirituality gained a new foothold during the pandemic.
In fact, the Google search term itself went up a whopping 669 percent (!!!) from late March to mid-July last year, “coincidentally” the same period that Saturn entered Aquarius for the first time since the 1960s.
People then, like people now, are looking for answers (aren’t we always?) and the esoteric arts have a way of providing a beautiful, customizable framework for healing.
There’s even a trending show on Netflix called “Manifest” right now! It’s clear it’s a popular topic, but what does manifesting really mean?
According to dictionary.com, “Manifestation: Spiritualism. a materialization.”
Manifestation is, simply, the materialization of your dreams. It’s the recognition of your wildest 5D fantasies arriving in 3D reality...and the process can feel a lot like magic.
While it’s only recently returned to the current zeitgeist, the idea has been around for ages, though sometimes called different things. The extremely popular self-help book “The Secret” (published in 2006) didn’t reference manifestation blatantly, but the concept of the law of attraction is very similar: repetitive thoughts lead to a manifested reality.
So how do you do it?
Perhaps the most important step in manifestation is getting clear on what you really, truly, desire.
It sounds simple, but if it was as simple as “I want one million dollars!” of course none of us would be here right now.
Finding clarity around what you desire, so you can ultimately manifest it, has to be rooted in the intangible before it will materialize.
This order of operations is critical to the manifestation process. Failing to start with the energetics (and instead jumping ahead to the physical object) is why many never witness the magic of manifesting “work” in their own lives.
So rather than saying “I want one million dollars” you have to go deeper, and locate the energy you’re associating with that tangible outcome.
- WHY do you want one million dollars?
- WHY do you want a gorgeous partner?
- WHY do you want a shiny new car?
For many, these answers look a lot like “freedom”, “power”, “love” and “respect” which are all intangible ideas (and ideals), rather than physical things you can reach out and touch.
When you get to the root of the ENERGY that you desire, you can focus on calling in that energy, and then the physical tools that represent it will find their way to you...often in ways you could never dream up.
Rituals and Exercises for Manifestation
Manifestation work is best done alone. While there is definitely power in numbers, it’s critical that clarity is reached on an individual level first, before joining forces with others, because other’s influences can confuse your own pure expression.
While there are many external tools we’ll mention shortly, you don’t need anything more than yourself and a few quiet moments to see the process of manifestation begin to unfold in your life.
- Find a quiet place where you can sit still and uninterrupted for 10 minutes.
- Let your mind wander and see where it takes you. Try to not interject or tell your brain it’s “wrong” for going down any certain rabbit hole. Just sit and observe. You’re meditating!
- After settling in, imagine your ULTIMATE LIFE. What does it look like? What immediately comes to mind? Don’t censor yourself.
- Having a pen and paper handy for this practice is helpful. If you prefer digital work, a Pinterest board can operate in a similar fashion. The goal here is to record what you’ve imagined so you can reference it again and again.
- After you’ve done steps 1-4 several times (over days or even weeks and months), choose one image or one part of your ultimate life to laser focus on. Maybe it’s a partner, a house, or a job. There’s no wrong choice. Repeat the steps focused just on that one aspect.
- Locate the FEELINGS associated with the object you’ve chosen, rather than repeating the word “Porsche” to yourself 100 times. You might find that the things you desire start to fade away, and are replaced by the energy they embody to you.
- Continually focus on this energy in as many different ways as you can: mantras, journaling, collaging, etc.
PLUS: Actionable offerings.
A final, important step in this cyclical process is to regularly make offerings. If you’re expecting to receive this amazing thing that you want, there has to be room for it to come in.
Are there things you can release to free up space? This can be as simple as donating old clothes and as intense as finally releasing an abusive ex. Make room- physically and energetically.
Products to Assist with Manifestation
Tarot, Tarot, Tarot! We LOVE Tarot (and Oracle) cards to assist in the manifestation process. They’re a great way to find clarity and pull deep desires from the subconscious.
A few of our favorite decks for manifestation work:
Crystals for Manifestation
Of course crystals can assist in manifestation! We always encourage people to purchase whatever crystal speaks to them, as it’s often the subconscious knowing what you truly need. However, here’s a few recommendations if you’d like a starting point:
Tigers Eye - Manifesting Creativity + Confidence
Rose Quartz - Manifesting Love + Harmony
Rainbow Moonstone - Manifesting Intuition + Psychic abilities
Timing your Manifestations
Astrology is an extremely helpful tool when it comes to manifesting. While we don’t believe there’s ever a “wrong” time to manifest, there are astrologically ideal times from person to person.
It's necessary to have a general understanding of your birth chart for this integration. We recommend booking a reading with a professional astrologer to start. We love Erin at www.tbhmagic.com (she donates 11% of every reading booked...a built in offering for your manifestation work)!
- When you have planets transiting (moving through) your 6th house and your 12th house, it’s an ideal time to bring dreams (12th house) into your daily reality (6th house). Check out your natal chart to find the signs and planets that rule those two houses, and when they’re activated, make time to focus on manifesting.
- When your North and South Nodes are activated. These places in your birth chart indicate where you’re moving (North Node) and where you’ve been (South Node) which are helpful in realizing what you want, and what you don’t!
- Your monthly Moon conjunct natal Sun transit. The Moon moves through each sign for about 2.5 days at a time, meaning every month the Moon will connect with your natal Sun. A combination of these luminaries will highlight ACTIONABLE STEPS (your Sun) for your deepest desires (your Moon).
What are you trying to manifest? What's your process look like? Any fav products helping? Share with us in the comments!